Marketing & Customer Management
A placement with the Kimberly-Clark UK Consumer business means you will be working with well-known and loved household brands like Andrex, Kleenex and Huggies, which are number 1 or 2 in almost every market we operate in.
Based from the UK Headquarters in Kings Hill, Kent, you will join the team responsible for developing and marketing these brands to our major customers on a daily basis. During your two-year programme, you will spend 12 months in each function to experience managing the brands and selling our products.
Here you'll manage part of the business for one of our leading customers. For example, you could manage part of our Andrex brand within Tesco or Sainsbury's, being responsible for developing a plan with the customer to grow your business. A placement in customer management will involve working closely with the category management team, who analyse the market trends and make recommendations for the category. This will give you the tools to work with your customer in order to make real and informed business decisions. Additional responsibilities in this role could include managing the total customer online business or booking customer-specific media.
Working for one of our top brands, you will get exposure to activating marketing campaigns in the UK. You will work closely with our external agencies to manage PR activities, media buying, digital strategies, and much more. You might also get opportunities to manage projects that cover the total European market, such as a re-launch of a new product or packaging. This role will also involve working closely with the customer management teams in the business to leverage any marketing campaigns within their customers – for example arranging sampling activities in-store for new product launches, or executing point-of-sale materials in store to support promotions/activities.
Our previous graduates have been involved in lots of diverse and exciting projects. Here's just a selection:
- Managing the total Kleenex business in Tesco UK & Ireland
- Creating a retailer-specific support package for a new product launch
- Arranging high-profile sampling activities at The X Factor and Disney film premieres
- Acting as the UK representative for our Disney relationship
- Re-launching a nappy format which resulted in the Huggies brand going from being second in the market to market leader with 53% share
- Managing the Baby Shows to give new mums and dads an experience of Huggies
- Launching new added value Huggies formats such as Disney storage boxes and Newborn starter kits.
Apply for the 2012 scheme here. Applications close on 6th April 2012